The Mother Lovers Ride
It’s all about celebrating Rad Moms, Superhero Farmers using farming techniques that protect Mother Earth, & fermented foods like kombucha which is made with…you guessed it-a Mother! Check out The Route.
Funky & Fresh
This Mother’s Day join us as we bicycle local farm, food and ferments! Rockstar Chefs will be at each stop serving up farm fresh local food. Enjoy kombucha and many more fermented foods that the Chefs will be working into their menus. We’re excited to partner with Rad Mom, Becky Schmooke, who started Becky’s Mindful Kitchen. She’s built an outdoor woodfired pizza oven and to celebrate the main event will be at her homestead and place of business. She believes strongly in supporting local farms and eating organic and sesonal whenever possible.
You can check RadTourBikeRide.com for ride updates and the farmers you’ll have the opportunity to meet.
RadTour Cedar Rapids Line-up:
- Our excellent host Goldfinch Cyclery
- Becky’s Mindful Kitchen
- Big Grove Brewery
- Chef Run Farms w/ Chef Andrew Hoffman
– 9am Checkin at Goldfinch Cyclery
– Bring a cotton garment for on-site screenprinting
– Enjoy coffee & breakfast, and check out CSA sign-ups while talking with local farmers
– We roll at 10am
– The route is 53 miles of mixed terrain
– Post Ride Fiesta at Caucho!